CALL FOR ENTRIES
O’Hanlon Center Gallery, February 2019
Entry Dates: Fri Jan 25 or Sat Jan 26, 2019 (by-hand)
Exhibition Dates: Jan 31 – Feb 21, 2019
Juror: Toni Littlejohn
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces.
Special Offer: Become a new OHCA member at the time of art delivery and receive one free entry! Call (415) 388-4331 or visit ohanloncenter.org for more details.
Travel leads us to have uncommon experiences; as we step out of our comfort zones, we often see the world with fresh eyes and a sense of wonder. We invite artists to submit work for our next exhibit “JOURNEYS.” Submitted work should relate to some aspect of travel, adventures, or journeys taken – real or imagined. Witness Gauguin’s adventures in French Polynesia, or Van Gogh’s travels to the south of France.
We hope to see artistic expressions relating to the artists’ own personal explorations of the world, from far to near… including abstract, experimental or representational works.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: All Media, including 3D/Sculptural works.
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery are not eligible.
- All work must be ready for display. Paint, glue, etc. must be dry!
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name & Contact information.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver (no slides or digital submissions) up to three pieces of work to: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
|Artist Notification (by email)||Tuesday||Jan 29||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday
|1 – 3 pm
11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Jan 31|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
Opening (First Tues) Reception
|Tuesday||Feb 5||4 – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||Feb 21|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Late delivery of artwork is not allowed.
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror: Toni Littlejohn
Toni Littlejohn is a mixed media artist living and working in Point Reyes Station. The revelations of her inner terrain form the basis of her artwork. For 26 years Toni has been facilitating Wild Carrots, an arts workshop focusing on our body experiences and the inner journey. She is a founding member of Gallery Route One and currently serves as its board president. Her work has been exhibited in Europe and throughout the Bay Area. tonilittlejohn.com
Postcard Artwork: Michael Mudd; Design: Jeremy Thornton
Questions? Contact O’Hanlon Staff at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.