O’Hanlon Center for the Arts is located one mile from downtown Mill Valley on several acres of beautiful woodland. There are two public buildings which provide space for our activities. Ann and Richard O’Hanlon founded the Center (as Sight & Insight Art Center) in 1969.
The buildings and grounds at O’Hanlon Center for the Arts that are available for use at a reasonable rate include:
- The Loft: a three-level meeting space. Main room has seating area, art library and large open room with work table, and kitchen (no oven). The adjacent deck provides an outdoor gathering area. The lower-level studios of the Loft may be used for programs and individual work by members. They are great for art parties. Capacity: 40.
- The Gallery: a 2,000-square-foot exhibition and gathering space which features monthly shows and is acoustically excellent for performances. Capacity: 100. Use fee for non-members for a month-long exhibit is $1,000/month; for OHCA members, $850/month, plus First Tuesday hospitality and invitation cards. In some cases, there will be a cost for providing parking. For information on use fees for holding a private special event in the Gallery, please see below.
- The Sculpture Gardens: attractive outdoor spaces set with granite and marble sculptures. Call for rates.
- Entire Site: Call for information about using the entire site (excluding Loka and private studios).
- Loft Use Fees
- OHCA members and neighbors living in “Cascade Canyon” [defined as the area within a half mile from OHCA] – $30/hour
- Nonmembers – $50/hour
- Non-Profits – $35/hour
- Commercial (any event charging admission-profit or non-profit) $55/hour
- Gallery Use Fees
- OHCA members and neighbors living in “Cascade Canyon” [defined as the area within a half mile from OHCA] – $35/hour
- Nonmembers – $55/hour
- Non-Profits – $40/hour
- Commercial (any event charging admission-profit or non-profit) $60/hour
2 Hour Minimum applies to all Space Rentals.