Mixed Media Patterns w/ BOGI PATAKI
October 17 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Tuesday, repeating until October 24, 2017
In this fun workshop we will be creating a mixed media artwork based on repetition and symmetry using a favorite symbol (from ancient cultures, folk art,), or an image from nature, (plant, animal, insect, bird, fish) that we feel connected to.
In the first session we will have a discussion about the images we chose, why we like them, what they mean to us and we’ll pick one that would work with our project. We’ll stylize, simplify our symbol/image and use this clean, almost outlined drawing for the final artwork that will resemble a pattern design. In the second session we will be coloring the line drawing using at least 3 different media (for example: colored pencils, markers and watercolors). Please see supply list below. I will bring several books on symbols for reference, some supplies to share and the large sheets of paper for the final artwork. All levels are welcome.
- 2-5 favorite symbols or images of objects, plants, animals, insects, birds etc. (your final symbol/image should fit in a 5”x5” square)
- Sketch book
- Drawing pencils, one graded 2B and one HB (I love the Staedtler brand)
- 18” ruler
- Several small and medium brushes (make sure you have at least one small, size 2 brush)
- At least 3 or more different types of media, pick from: colored pencils, watercolors, inks, crayons, colored pens, fine black pen,
- Markers, acrylic paints, gouache, tempera, oil pastel
- If you like to mix your colors please bring a palette (it can be an old dinner plate, white only)
2 Tuesdays, October 17 and 24, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
$70, $56 OHCA members. Materials fee $5
Members, please enter coupon code MEMBER upon checkout to receive your membership discount.
Find out more about Bogi on her website