Feast of Color
(Call for Entries)
O’Hanlon Center Gallery, November 2018
Entry Dates (in-person): Oct 26 & 27, 2018 (by-hand delivery)
Exhibition Dates: November 1–21, 2018
Juror: Leslie Allen
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces. Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived! Call or visit www.ohanloncenter.org for more details.
As the Fall Season approaches, we witness Nature changing her colors, presenting us with a abundant array of shades & textures. For our November 2018 “Feast of Color” exhibit, we invite Artists to submit their vibrantly colored works, in all media forms, including 3D/sculptural works. All artwork should represent color as its central focus, and ideally, transmit the artist’s regard for the color(s) used. Artwork may be a single color, or include boundless colors. Once the full exhibit is installed… it will be a true Feast of Color!
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: All Media
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display. Paint, glue, etc. must be dry!
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver (no slides or digital submissions) up to three pieces of work to: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
|Artist Notification (by email)||Tuesday||Oct 30||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday
|1 – 3 pm
11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Nov 1|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
Opening (First Tues) Reception
|Tuesday||Nov 6||4 – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Wednesday||Nov 21|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Saturday
|11 am – 1 pm
11 am – 4 pm
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Late delivery of artwork is not allowed.
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror: Leslie Allen
Leslie Allen is an abstract painter, art teacher and cellist in Sausalito. She is represented by Seager/Gray Gallery in Mill Valley, and her prints are published by Art Brokers Inc in San Rafael. Since moving to her studio in the Industrial Center Building 30 years ago, Allen’s work has evolved from tightly-rendered still life and landscapes in watercolor, to fiercely expressive abstract and figurative paintings in oil and mixed media.
In recent years she studied aquatints at Crown Point Press, and her later paintings and collages reflect her love of printmaking techniques. Allen has exhibited in many one-person and group shows, and her paintings are widely collected. Allen has served on a handful of art councils, boards and commissions, and she is a founding member of the vibrant ICB Artists Association. Her experience as an art juror includes two international art exhibits in recent years, and many local shows since the early ‘90s. Leslie Allen’s passion for color in art, music and life is undisputed, and her enthusiasm for painting is contagious.
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
Postcard Art: Lila Sparks-Daniels | Design: Jeremy Thornton
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.