CALL FOR ENTRIES
Annual O’Hanlon Members’ Show 2018
Exhibition Dates: Jan 9 – Feb 1, 2018
Entry Dates (in-person): Jan 4, 5, 6 (see below)
Entry Fee: $30 Current OHCA members only, for up to two pieces
Open to all current members of O’Hanlon Center for the Arts. Depending on the number of member entries, every effort will be made to display at least one work of each Member who submits. Please enter your best small-to-midsized pieces. (Note size limitations below!) Exhibit will be curated and installed by members of the O’Hanlon Exhibition Committee.
Important: Our Members’ Show this year will be shown only in the main O’Hanlon Gallery, and will likely be installed ‘studio style’ to ensure that everyone’s work can be displayed!
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: Any Media.
- Small or mid-sized artworks. No diptychs/triptychs for this exhibit, please.
- Wall-hung pieces: Maximum Width: 26”; Maximum Height: 32”
- Sculpture/Pedestal display: Maximum base size 20” x 20”
- Open to all OHCA Members, age 16 and over. Membership must be current.
- Submission limit: 2 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display.
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
ENTRY PROCESS – Check Dates/Times Carefully, please – they are different for this show!!
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver (no slides or photos) up to two pieces of work to:
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Thursday
||11 am – 4 pm
|” “||Friday||Jan 5||11 am – 4 pm|
|” “||Saturday||Jan 6||11 am – 1 pm|
|Artist Notification (by email)||Monday||Jan 8|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Tuesday||Jan 9||5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|” “||Wednesday||Jan 10||11 am – 4 pm|
|Exhibition OPENS||Tuesday||Jan 9|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
|Tuesday||Jan 9||4:00 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||Feb 1|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday||Feb 2||11 am – 4 pm|
|” “||Saturday||Feb 3||11 am – 1 pm|
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
Art: “The Garden Path to Monet’s House” by Patricia McCaron | Design : Jeremy Thornton
Titles, Descriptions & Jurors of future exhibitions subject to change. Please subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our Calls for Entries via email.
The mission of O’Hanlon Center for the Arts is to provide programs, studio space, exhibitions and experiences that honor individual creativity, develop artistic practice, and build community.
- Jan 2018 • Annual O’Hanlon Members Show
- Feb 2018 • Eun Lee (solo show, no submissions)
- Mar 2018 • Music (general theme, more details to come!)
- April 2018 • “Blue” juried by Toni Littlejohn
- May 2018 • Humor (general theme, more details to come!)