Click the tabs below for details & CALLS FOR ENTRIES for Upcoming Exhibitions.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
LANDSCAPES: Real or Imagined
Exhibition Dates: March 30 – April 20, 2017
Entry Dates (in-person): March 24 & 25 (see below)
Juror: Kathleen Lipinski
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces.
Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived!Download a Printable PDF of this Notice
O’Hanlon Center invites you to submit work for our April 2017 show, LANDSCAPES: Real or Imagined”
Submitted work should reflect real or imagined landscapes. Employ the quality of lyricism or discordant architecture. Be improvisational with your art. Create lush colors of nature or quirky colors of your imagined landscape.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged. O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: All Media
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display.
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s Name, Phone, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
On Entry Dates shown below… Please hand-deliver (no slides or digital submissions) up to three pieces of work to: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Friday Saturday||Mar 24 Mar 25||11 am – 4 pm 11 am – 1 pm|
|Artist Notification (by email)||Tuesday||Mar 28||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday Friday||Mar 30 Mar 31||1 – 3 pm 11 am – 4 pm|
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Mar 30|
|Artist Roundtable Discussion Opening (First Tues) Reception||Tuesday||April 7||4 – 6 pm|
|6 – 8 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||April 20|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday Saturday||April 21 April 22||11 am – 4 pm 11 am – 1 pm|
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror – Kathleen Lipinski
Kathleen Lipinski has worked with Marin landscape in painting and printmaking for 35 years. Her oil paintings range in size from postcard-sized to canvases as large as 14 feet wide. Her art combines a love of nature with her dedication to realism, attention to detail, and the ability to capture the quality of light.
Kathleen’s shows include the Triton Museum, Morris Graves Museum and Jenkins-Johnson Gallery in San Francisco and New York. Her work has been featured at Marin/Scapes and at the Sausalito Art Festival annually for 25 years. Kathleen & her husband, artist Steve Emery, are the 2015 recipients of the Marin Cultural Treasure Award. www.emerylipinski.com
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
Postcard Art (Detail): Gail T Robertson; Design: Jeremy Thornton
Show: Luminosity: Reflections on Light
Juror: Regina O’Connell
Exhibition Dates: April 27 – May 25, 2017
Entry Dates: April 21 & 22
Roundtable and Reception: May 2, 2017
Show: Wabi-Sabi (14th Annual)
Juror: Joan Sadler & Abby Wasserman
Exhibition Dates: June 1–22 2017
Entry Dates: May 26 & 27
Roundtable and Reception: June 6, 2017
Titles, Descriptions & Jurors of future exhibitions subject to change. Please subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our Calls for Entries via email.
The mission of O’Hanlon Center for the Arts is to provide programs, studio space, exhibitions and experiences that honor individual creativity, develop artistic practice, and build community.
- Landscapes, Real or Imagined • April 2017
- Luminosity: Reflections on Light • May 2017
- Wabi-Sabi (14th Annual Exhibit) • June 2017
- Abstract Figurative • July 2017
- Bay Area Women Artists • Aug 2017