Click the tabs below for details & CALLS FOR ENTRIES for Upcoming Exhibitions.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Essence of Water
Exhibition Dates: Sept 28 – Oct 26 2017
Entry Dates (in-person): Sept 22 & 23 (see below)
Jurors: Kay Carlson & Stephen Ehret
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces. Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived!
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts invites artists to submit works for our Oct 2017 Gallery exhibit “Essence of Water.” WATER is as essential to life on Earth as Air… and can manifest in so many forms: fluid, vapor or frozen. What does Water inspire you to envision and create? 3D or sculptural works are welcome. (Note: Anything that uses actual water must be well-sealed or contained. For example, fountains that leak or splash will not be accepted!)
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged. O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: All Media
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display.
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s Name, Phone, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
On Entry Dates shown below… Please hand-deliver (no slides or digital submissions) up to three pieces of work to: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Friday||Sept 22||11 am – 4 pm|
|” “||Saturday||Sept 23||11 am – 1 pm|
|Artist Notification (by email)||Tuesday||Sept 26||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday||Sept 28||1 – 3 pm|
|” “||Friday||Sept 29||11 am – 4 pm|
|” “||Tuesday||Oct 3||6 – 8 pm|
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Sept 28|
|Artist Roundtable Discussion Opening Reception||Tuesday||Oct 3||4:00 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||Oct 26|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday||Oct 27||11 am – 4 pm|
|” “||Saturday||Oct 28||11 am – 1 pm|
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Jurors
A plein air painter specializing in Northern California scenes, Kay Carlson’s colorful brushstrokes instantly usher her viewers into an emotional connection with the vineyards, waterfront, and panoramic coastlines she calls home. Her artworks in the Impressionist tradition express how light transforms color. She is included in many corporate and private collections. Kay founded and is currently the Executive Director of Marin Open Studios. www.kaycarlson.com
I grew up on the San Francisco peninsula during its rural period. I attended the College of San Mateo and studied under Alanson Appleton and Robert Bowman, then later the California College of Arts and Crafts where I studied under Ralph Borge, Robert Bechtel, Roy De Forest, Arthur Okamura and Jimmy Suzuki. Marin has been my home for the past 45 years and I live and work in Sausalito.
My fascination with the way color works in human vision has lead me to develop a technique of using layers of transparent glazes to mix colors optically, allowing light to penetrate the surface and recreate the luminous quality of natural light. www.stephenehret.com
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show: Inspired by Textures
Exhibition Dates: Nov 2-22, 2017
Entry Dates: Oct 27/28
Roundtable and Reception: Nov 7, 2017
Show: Art of the Spirit
Juror: Patsy Krebs
Exhibition Dates: Dec 1-29, 2017
Entry Dates: Sat Nov 25 & Mon Nov 27
Roundtable and Reception: Dec 5, 2017
Titles, Descriptions & Jurors of future exhibitions subject to change. Please subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our Calls for Entries via email.
The mission of O’Hanlon Center for the Arts is to provide programs, studio space, exhibitions and experiences that honor individual creativity, develop artistic practice, and build community.
- Tom & Cayen Robertson • Sept 2017 (No Call for Entries)
- Essence of Water • Oct 2017
- Inspired by Textures • Nov 2017
- Art of the Spirit • Dec 2017
- Annual O’Hanlon Members Show • Jan 2018